We are looking to partner with organisations, individuals or networks from the Latin America and Caribbean region (LAC) that would like to introduce and train communities on how to investigate and keep themselves secure. This can be done through testing, contextualizing and improving our Exposing the Invisible Kit and accompanying series of workshop curricula on investigative techniques and tools, both available in Spanish.
Tactical Tech’s Exposing the Invisible is looking for partners from Latin America who want to train communities on how to investigate and keep themselves secure. Our Exposing the Invisible team collaborates with experienced investigators from around the world to create resources for those who want to start their investigative journey and learn techniques of safely conducting digital and analogue investigations.
We have for example developed the Kit, a collaborative, self-learning resource that makes investigative techniques and tools used by experienced investigators accessible to everyone, and a series of workshop curricula for other trainers and organisations to teach these techniques to their audiences. All workshops as well as selected parts of the Kit are available in Spanish.
We would like to connect with partners, in order to use, share and adapt knowledge on investigative techniques and tools with their communities. We are looking for individuals, organisations or networks to partner with who would like to:
- Run events to introduce and contextualize the ETI Kit for their communities
- Run investigative workshops (using the ETI curricula)
- Contribute to improving our materials based on feedback from trainers and participants
- Outreach/distribute existing materials
- Create something new based on our resources (e.g. translation, adaptation, research, podcasts, videos, games, etc.)
Activities would need to take place between April and June 2023; final activity reports will be due no later than 15th July 2023.
Who can apply?
In order to be eligible for this partnership call, individuals, organizations, or collectives must meet all of the below criteria:
- Work on the broader topic of digital and non-digital investigation
- Be currently working in the region Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC)
- Strong dedication to supporting and engaging with civil society
- Proven track record of conducting training / workshop events
- Have trusted access and experience to work with local constituencies
- Have access to an existing network of other local and/or national organizations and initiatives
- Have the capacity to carry out these activities by June 2023
- Ability to report on activities by 15th July 2023
What we can offer you
- The opportunity to help shape the ETI resources
- Honorarium (possible between 250 EUR and up to 2000 EUR, depends on activities and availability of funds)
- Promotion within our networks (approx. 6000 monthly newsletter subscribers, 49000 Twitter followers, and more across social media)
- The chance to join a community of like-minded individuals
- An extensive virtual library of resources and materials developed over the past 20 years that you can use for your own projects.
- Support from the ETI team for use of the materials and guidance of trainers when needed
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying, please email us at the address below. Be as specific as possible with your concepts, and we’ll contact successful applicants to take the conversation further in the next few weeks.
[CALL CLOSED] Application deadline: 15 March 2023; 23:59 CET
Please submit your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org - subject line “LAC Partnership”
In the application, please include:
- a covering letter detailing: your interest in the partnership;
- a brief outline of your individual or your organizational aims and activities;
- the type of audience(s) you or your organization addresses / works with;
- the type of work you hope to conduct in collaboration with our project;
- any public links to relevant work and projects.
Once the deadline has passed, Tactical Tech will review all of the applications and select candidates for interviews. The interviews will take place in March 2023. Due to limited capacity, we are unable to respond to unsuccessful applicants.
Questions can be addressed to us at email@example.com
We are looking forward to receiving your expressions of interest!
Tactical Tech is an international non-profit organisation that engages with citizens and civil-society organisations to explore and mitigate the impacts of technology on society. Exposing the Invisible is a Tactical Tech project that develops resources, training and collaborations promoting investigation as one of the most important forms of public engagement.